Most people don't give air quality much thought, as they assume their home and work environments are clean and safe. While dusty vents and dirty HVAC systems can raise red flags regarding air quality in your home, other indicators can signal the need for an air quality test.
The quality of air in your home is influenced by several factors, such as ventilation issues. Even the humidity levels of your local environment can affect the quality of air inside your home.
Five Signs to Test the Best Indoor Air Quality in West Palm Beach
It isn't uncommon for people to have questions about improving the air quality in their homes. A shocking number of homeowners routinely fail to test for the presence of mold, which significantly influences air quality ratings.
Mold exposure can also cause severe health conditions if left unaddressed. You may need an air quality test in West Palm Beach if you experience any of the issues in the following list:
- Indoor Moisture – Indoor moisture invites mold into your home and encourages it to grow. Altair Mold Testing and Remediation provides mold remediation in West Palm Beach, FL, at competitive prices. Condensation on your home's windows and incorrect use of bathroom fans during showers rank as the most common causes of indoor moisture. Indoor moisture signs can include soft walls or flooring, as well as foul odors.
- Coughing and Sneezing – Coughing and sneezing have multiple potential causes, making it easy to overlook mold exposure symptoms. Sneezing, coughing, and other respiratory problems may be a sign of the presence of mold inside of your home or business.
- Humidity Problems – The optimal humidity level ranges between thirty and fifty percent for ultimate comfort. Also, the optimal humidity level will prevent the growth of microorganisms, like mold. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers can remedy the issue with limited financial investment. Altair Mold Testing and Remediation can test humidity levels and air quality levels in your home to detect the presence of mold.
- Green Substances Along the Side of Sinks or Tubs – If you find green substances along the sides or tops of the sinks or bathtubs in your home, you should consider calling the best mold removal and remediation pros for assistance. Altair Mold Testing and Remediation can pinpoint the precise locations of mold growth and remove it without significant damage. You can learn how much does mold removal usually costs by communicating with the customer service staff.
- Inconsistent Air Distribution – Inconsistent air distribution in your home is a sign you likely need an air quality test. Unbalanced temperatures and humidity levels can quickly cause mold to appear. Having problems with your HVAC system may indicate the presence of mold or other harmful substances.
How Much Does it Cost to Remove Mold Per Square Feet?
If you are wondering how do professionals remove mold, please call 561-543-7824 to speak with our team at Altair Mold Testing and Remediation. Altair proudly provides the best residential and commercial mold testing and cleanup services in West Palm Beach. Contact us today to receive a free estimate for our top of the line service options!Indoor Air Quality west palm beach